Image (c) Vincent Roumagnac
A series of performances on the porous borders of self/other, techno/flesh, and fabulous reality. Human bodies are screens and stages for the performative relationship between technology and experience. Immersed in thespian fantasies of innocence and total control, RCH incites and investigates the uncanny experience of being more-than-one, less-than-many through a technomediated apparatus of power.
The RCH project (2017-2019) consists of three series of performances and artistic collaborations exploring the strategy of remote control. The first series of RCH lecture performances destabilise the conventions of conference presentation. The second series of RCH inhabit the contexts of theatre, fine arts and contemporary concert recital. The third series of RCH twists the concept of one-on-one performance. This proliferation of outcomes queers the form of repetition present in theatre: RCH repeats its performative apparatus across mediums creating viral, self-replicating, mutating strings of performance.
Remembering Cyborg Manifesto: “I’d rather be a cyborg than a goddess.” (Haraway,1991)
Past events with Remote Control Human:
- The Very First Sensorium of Artistic Research Cyborg Conjoinments: The Actress and Her Shadow Nov 2019 “Q̶͈̬̿͝l̴̛̬̝̒o̵̰̍̔ǘ̴̼ḓ̷̟̓̅s̷̻̦̆Q̸̠̿͒u̷͓͚͊̽A̸̛̘͝r̷̖͈̀͝ṭ̶̏͘z̶̩̩͛,̶
- Carpa6 Q̶͈̬̿͝l̴̛̬̝̒o̵̰̍̔ǘ̴̼ḓ̷̟̓̅s̷̻̦̆Q̸̠̿͒u̷͓͚͊̽A̸̛̘͝r̷̖͈̀͝ṭ̶̏͘z̶̩̩͛,̶-reopening
with Vincent Roumagnac and Simo Kellokumpu, September 2019
- REMOTE CONTROL HUMAN . . . MACHINE at Networked Actor Theory- Research day, Oodi, May 3 2019.
- Remote Control Human Machine Laboratory, Theatre Academy University of Arts Helsinki, April 15 to May 4 2019.
- SAR Zürich Q̷̯͎̑̆̇̔̇͝ŭ̵͉̠̪̅̄͘̚͘A̶͔͖̒̏͌̿͆Ř̵̖̜͛̉̈́͆̾ţ̵̛͕̠̩̬̎͒̄̒͛ź̸̟͓ ̷̡̲̰͒̃͂̀͠(̵̮͙͈͔̐̀̊̑̚ỏ̷͕͇͓́ṕ̵̢̧̲͒͒ę̵̤̮̻̘͌͆͠n̶̖̽̈̓̑̒͆i̷̤͆̅n̷̤̜̦͒̅̉̌̚g̶̞͓̏͗)̴̖͉̞̝͇̙͊̕̕ inaugural ceremony performance with Simo Kellokumpu and Vincent Roumagnac, March 2019
- RCH (instrumental), collaboration with Brice Catherin, Maria Donohue and Colin Frank. University of Hudderfield, March 18.
- Beyond Presence -seminar, Uniarts Helsinki, Dec 7th 2018 “RCH 107 Never Quite There (How to be a medium)”
- SUHF conference Uniarts Stockholm Oct 23 2018 “RCH 106 How to be a medium? Double trouble.”.
- 8 October 2018, Riihimäki theatre Collaboration with #digiteatteri: Kauko-ohjattava ihminen – RCH 201 Välitetty kosketus
More in Finnish here
- PSiDaegu2018, Performance as Network: Arts, City, Culture “RCH 105 Performing Networks”
- Uniarts Stockholm, doctoral studies “RCH 104 Skein” June 6 2018
- DymaxiCon April 2018 “RCH 103 Performing Power”
- Vetenskapsrådet symposium on Nov 29th 2017, organised by the Swedish Research Council. “RCH 102 Performing Symposium”
- CARPA5: Perilous Experience? –Extending Experience through Artistic Research Sep 1st 2017, University of Arts Helsinki, Theatre Academy. “Remote Control Human”. https://sites.uniarts.fi/fi/web/carpa/tietoa
- Remote control human on national TV: Puoli seitsemän (at 3,5 min and 21 min, as the reporters enter our performance at Riihimäki theatre)
- Designer and media artist Jyrki Pylväs’ first encounter with remote control human.